We respect your privacy
Charity Golf Australia Ltd (ACN 619 933 014) (CGA) respects your right to privacy. This policy sets out how CGA (collectively we, us, our) collect and treat your personal information.
"Personal information" means information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not, and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
What personal information we collectWe may collect the following types of personal information from you:
• full name
• date of birth
• company name
• job title
• email address
• phone number
• fax number
• health information about a child or adult who is receiving services from a House Chapter program
• information about donations you have made to us
• information about the goods or services you have ordered
• credit card information
How we collect your personal informationWe collect personal information from you in a variety of ways, including: when you interact with us electronically or in person; when you access our website; and when we provide our services to you.
If you do not provide us with the information we request, we may not be able to fulfil the applicable purpose of collection, such as to supply goods or services to you or to process your donation.
Where practicable, we will collect personal information directly from you. If we receive information about you from someone else, we will take reasonable steps to ensure you are aware that we have collected personal information about you and the circumstances of the collection.
We will only collect sensitive information (such as information about your health) with your or your parent's/ guardian's consent.
Our main purposes for collecting, holding, using and disclosing personal information are the following:
• to provide goods or services to you or your child;
• to accept and process donations from you;
• to obtain products or services from our suppliers;
• to respond to enquiries from you and to send you information about what we do;
• to process and assess employment applications;
• to undertake research and surveys and analyse statistical information; and
We do not provide your information to third parties, except as follows:
• as authorised or required by law;
• to universities or other research bodies for research purposes but only in a de-identified format;
• to our business partners and service providers who assist us in the provision of our products and services to you including for example email service providers;
• to the relevant hospital for emergency contact purposes;
• where the assets and operations of our business are transferred to another party as a going concern; or
• you have provided your consent.
Direct marketingWe may, from time to time, send you marketing materials. We only do so in accordance with applicable laws or with your prior consent. If you are receiving promotional information from us and do not wish to receive this information any longer, please contact us at email@example.com asking to be removed from our mailing lists.
Security of your personal informationWe take reasonable steps to keep your personal information accurate, up to date and complete, and to protect it from misuse, interference and loss or unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Access to your personal informationYou can access and update your personal information by contacting us firstname.lastname@example.org. We may charge a reasonable administration fee for this access.
If at any time you wish to change personal information that we hold about you because it is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us at email@example.com and we will amend your record. If you wish to have your personal information deleted, please let us know in the same manner as referred to above and we will take all reasonable steps to delete it unless we need to keep it for legal reasons.
Complaints about privacyIf you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint. If we fail to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time of receiving it in writing or if you are dissatisfied with the response that you receive from us, you may have the right to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
WebsiteWhen you visit our website
When you come on to our website we may collect certain information such as browser type, operating system, website visited immediately before coming to our site, etc. This information is used in an aggregated manner to analyse how people use our site, such that we can improve our service.